Monday, July 12, 2010

Magic: The Gathering - Crawling Filth and more from Thrulls

First, a card I forgot to include in the Thrull post:



This is the art from "Breeding Pit," a card that creates thrulls. Many cards in magic can create "token creatures," which work like creature cards but have to be represented by whatever you have on hand (coins, toys, anything). I always found this painting fascinating. Is this woman a thrull herself, or some sort of "queen" thrull?

And now, the next to last Magic creature I'm featuring for now:



"Crawling Filth" is a fairly recent creature card, a "spirit" creature type, and then there's nothing about its design I don't love, from the fishy eyes to the halo of floating maggots. I wonder, though, what it might look like from other angles. Those big egg-like lumps are obviously part of it, but how do they fit together??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home